How to crack the GATE exam while working at a job?
A lot of people appear for the GATE exam while working at a 9-5 job. The most common reason for appearing for GATE is, they want a better PSU or job. But this is totally different from preparation during your college time. College students have to attend classes, labs, prepare projects, complete assignments and a lot of college stuff to do. There are many positives and negatives of preparing with a job. You should maximize your positives and minimize the negatives to crack the GATE exam.
- 90% of people don’t like the job that they’re doing. It may also be the case with you. You will feel tired after coming home and your mood won’t be that much good.
- As you’re getting paid for your work at job. This gives you more money to spend than a college student and you want to relax. You go for the movies, watch episodes, stay for long hours on YouTube watching some dumb sh*t which may entertain you for some time. But you yourself know deep in your heart that it is a complete waste of time.
- Somewhere inside the back of your mind, you know that even if you won’t be able to crack the GATE exam, you have your job backing you up. This is similar to that college student who stopped preparing for GATE after getting placed. This puts you in the comfort zone and you really need to get out of this.
- Stay away from your colleagues and seniors at the office. Whether you are doing good or bad, you’ll be assigned more work. So, maintain a low profile and try to study for GATE during your office hours. It won’t matter after some months because you know that you won’t be sitting at your office and farting.
- Weekends are the most important days. These are the days when you can study for long hours instead of wasting your time at the movies, hanging around etc. According to my research, life is possible on earth without watching movies for a few months.
- Imagine your life after 10 years from now. Do you still want to continue doing the job that you hate? There is no reason to do something you hate. So now get serious about the preparation for GATE exam.
- You don’t have to sit for the semester exams, minors, tests etc. Making the practical files and assignments is a major time wastage for college students.
- Your office colleagues won’t be wasting your time because they will be busy in doing their own work. But friends at college will ask you out for parties, movies and much other time wasting stuff.
- You can spend your money to purchase an Online course or Online Test Series. But in college, you have to convince your parents for the majority of the decisions.
Maximising the good things
- Since you don’t have to deal with all the college stuff like semester exams, assignment submission, make projects etc so try not to lose touch with the preparation. Try to study for 4-5 hours daily. Don’t forget to revise on a weekly basis otherwise you’ll start forgetting whatever you’ve studied.
- Try to study as much as possible during the breaks at an office, while traveling, short breaks using mobile apps. All of these efforts will combine to give you a great output, will lead to great success. You’ll remember these moments after you’ll crack the GATE exam.
- You can read 10-15 different books by investing your precious time. But you can act smarter and save your time by buying the Gate Guru’s Distance Learning Program and weekend batches which will help you to get the same information in less pain.