Strategy and preparation Tips for SSC-JE 2019
To recruit eligible candidates for the post of junior engineering, Staff Selection Commission of India conducts SSC JE exam. Last year a total of 57,127 candidates had appeared for the examination and where regular students from 11,358 schools appeared.
This year a total of 1601 vacancy has been declared for SSC JE 2019 Exam.
Because of very high competition, it is not that easy to crack any entrance exam. At first, you should have a diploma degree in civil, mechanical and electrical engineering.
SSC JE is one of the attainable Public Sector Job for engineering background students. If you are a beginner and want to crack the exam in one attempt the things you require is effective planning, concentration, time-bound, and dedication.
Make a proper schedule to reduce your burden. It will help you to analyze your time for study and will also help you to divide your time according to different topics.
Strategize your preparations for the exams. Hard work and determination plays an important role. Have proper SSC JE junior engineer study plan with tips and tricks to prepare for SSC JE.
In this article, we have shared some great strategies and preparation tips that you can follow to crack for SSC JE 2019.
How to manage time for SSC-JE Paper 1?
First thing is to go through the syllabus on official website ssc.nic.in, it will give you general ideas of the topics coming in exams.
Write down the topics in which you feel comfortable and revise them thoroughly so that you can make those topics strong for the exam and feel confident while giving their answers.
Make sure your Preparation is good enough that you can fetch good marks. Sketch an outline of your study strategy.
Be energetic and calm yourself
Because of long studying and random occurring doubts you will feel tired and irritated. Because of this, you would not be able to concentrate and give your 100% towards study. To avoid this you should exercise before you start studying, this will help you in reducing tiredness and fatigues and you will also feel energetic. You can also listen to music or talk to your friends or family members.
Get ready before the exam day
The day of your exam may make you feel nervous, generate fear and because of this, you might forget to carry important stuff along with you in the examination center.
Following are the things you should carry with you:
- Download your admit card and don’t forget to take it along with you in examination center/ hall.
- Don't forget to keep extra stationary stuff like pencil and pen.
- Candidates are permitted to bring their own Calculator, Logarithm Tables, slide–Rule, and Steam Table for Paper-II only, they are not allowed to use such instruments for Paper-I.
- In the Indicative Syllabus for SSC Junior Engineer, in Paper II for calculation, you have to use a calculator. It is not mentioned in the official notification that whether you have to use a Normal or Scientific calculator. So you can keep non - programmable calculator to be on the safe side.
Things to do on your exam day
Following are some great tips you should follow on your exam day:
- Firstly on your exam day be present at the exam venue 1 hour prior to the exam commencement.
- Calm down yourself and keep quiet, avoid talking to people or other students.
- Adapt yourself to the examination environment, this can help you to take away any fear related to the exam.
- Don’t get all tensed up just know that it's just a written exam, not a big deal.
- Stay calm during the exam and write what you know otherwise you will end up attempting question wrongly even if you can solve it right.
- Try to attempt question you are sure about first you can devote the time to difficult sections later on.
- Avoid guessing the answer and attempting it, you may end up losing marks because of negative marking.
Stick to your goals
If you want to succeed and get employed as a Junior Engineer (JE) in the Government Department one thing you should not forget is to keep reminding yourself of your goal, do not defer from your goal.
You are young enough to handle any hectic schedule of yours for studying. There is room only for courage and confidence.
Prepare well whenever you get time avoid indulge in self-pity or lame excuses. Always remember that there are many youngsters facing several odds in the day to day life are still working hard with single-minded devotion. You should always be confident in your work and have aright attitude.
It is been said that if you can beat the time you can beat any situation. It is a common problem faced by each and every person on a daily routine.
Same in SSC JE exam, students faced a lot of problems because of poor time management.
SSC JE exam has 200 questions where students are given 120 minutes for attempting the paper. That means approximately 40 seconds for each question to attempt.
Follow these time management tips for each section so that you can divide your time efficiently:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
50 questions are asked in this section each worth 1 mark. As it is quite tricky you need to give special attention to it. You should take a maximum of 45 minutes to complete this section not more than that. If you face any difficulty while solving any question then you should leave that question right there and move on towards the next question and if extra time is saved then you can attempt that question at the end.
50 questions are asked in this section each worth 1 mark each. If you are well prepared then this section is comparatively less time consuming than others. For attempting this section, it should not take more than 15 minutes to complete the entire section. You don’t need to follow anything, just attempt only those questions about which you are sure enough.
There are 100 questions from mechanical/civil/electrical engineering worth 1 mark each. In this section, you will be attempting questions according to your graduation disciple. You should not take more than 30-35 seconds for each question if you are not sure about that.
Gate Gurus key advice
- You should try focusing more on your basic concepts so that it won't be difficult for you to solve difficult or hard level questions.
- Clear your doubts to make your weaknesses your strength.
- Keep updated with the syllabus and the pattern.
- Practice mocks papers and analyze your performance.
- Refer to standard books.
- Improve your week points.
- SSC JE prelims have 3 sections, try to solve aptitude part of SSC JE question paper in time bound banner, this will save a lot of time for other sections.
Prepare according to your plan
Paper I: It is of 200 marks out of which 100 marks is denoted for general engineering and 100 marks for general awareness and reasoning.
Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Paper I and Paper II the final merit list is prepared.
Therefore, you should aim to score more marks in the SSC JE Paper I in order to place yourself high in the merit list. Since this paper is objective, you only require a clear understanding of the concepts to get a good score.
Take best-authorized books to start your exam preparations.
Regular 3-4 hours study for 4 to 5 months is enough for the cracking SSC-JE exam.
Technical knowledge of the subject is a must, there are two types of paper, subjective and descriptive, solve descriptive papers on a regular basis.
Divide your engineering paper into 2 parts, numerical based and theory based.
Approximately there are 80 theory based questions and 20 numerical based questions.
Since the theoretical part is based on facts you can either solve them or won’t. So it will not take much time. Numerical papers take more time, practice such questions more to save your time in the exam.
All your efforts, preparation and study tips will be of no use if you will not revise and practice questions regularly. Analyzing and Examining your performance helps you to know which areas you need to work.
Make sure you mark your level of preparation in a performance sheet and understand how much effort you need to put in further.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for more information regarding SSC JE 2019.