The GATE 2020 Information Brochure has been released. GATE 2020 or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, 2020 will be organized by Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. It will be conducted in an online mode on the dates 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th in the month of February.
This exam is a national level competitive exam for the Post Graduate Engineering entrance. The GATE 2020 Exam will be administered and conducted in a total of 25 subjects. Biomedical Engineering is the newest addition in these 25 subjects. The exam will be held in two sessions in one day.
According to the official information, the application process will begin on 3rd September 2020. The admit card for the same will be available on 3rd January 2020. Valid for three years, the GATE 2020 scores will be considered for admission in IIT, NIT, IISc and many other MBA, MSc, MCA Colleges.
All the students who are aiming to crack the GATE 2020 can refer to all the information below to know all the important information.
Given below is all you need to know about GATE 2020:
- GATE will be conducted in an online mode by Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in the year 2020. The gate 2020 exam dates are February 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th, 2020.
- The exam will be held in two sessions. The first shift will be from 9:30 am – 12:30 am and the second shift will be from 2:30 am to 5:30 pm.
APPLICATION PROCESS OF GATE 2020:
- The application process for GATE 2020 will start on 3rd September and it will end on 24th September 2019 on the website, gate.iitd.ac.in.
- The aspirants will have a chance to make necessary changes in their application form. Aspirants can make changes like examination city by giving an additional fee till November 15, 2019.
- The application fee before and after the last date is as follows:
TYPE OF CANDIDATES
TILL 24TH SEPTEMBER, 2019
AFTER 24TH SEPTEMBER, 2019
IMPORTANT DATES OF GATE 2020:
GATE 2020 important dates are as the following:
- The application process of GATE 2020 begins on 3rd September 2019
- The application process of GATE 2020 ends on 24th September 2019
- The last date for requesting a change in the exam city will be 15th November 2019.
- The admit card will be released on 3rd January 2020
- GATE 2020 exam dates will be 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th February 2020
- Result declaration of GATE 2020 will be on 16th March 2019
SYLLABUS OF GATE 2020:
All the candidates who are aspiring to prepare for GATE 2020 Exam must have the syllabus with them. Being updated with the syllabus at the right time will help in making a better study plan.
IIT Delhi uploaded the detailed syllabus of the subjects with the subject code on their official website.
Refer to the official link given below to check out the GATE 2020 syllabus:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF GATE 2020:
Although there is an educational qualification criterion, it must be noted that there is no age limit. Also, candidates can appear for this exam as many times as wanted.
Before filling out the application form, it is important to check the GATE 2020 eligibility criteria. This is important because the application form will be rejected if the eligibility criterion is not checked properly. The GATE 2020 eligibility criteria are as the following:
- Bachelors in Engineering/Technology
- Bachelors in Pharmaceuticals
- Bachelors in Architecture
- Bachelors in Science (4 years)
- Masters in Science/Maths/Statistics/Computer Applications/Arts
- Integrated Masters in Engineering and Technology (4 years)
- Integrated Masters or dual degree in Engineering and Technology (5 years)
EXAM PATTERN OF GATE 2020:
- GATE 2020 will be conducted in a total of 25 subjects commonly known as papers.
- This exam will be multiple choice questions based and it will take place online.
- The total number of questions will be 65. The total number of questions of the subject chosen will be 55 and general aptitude questions will be 10.
- A total number of marks for these 65 questions will be 100.
- The total amount of time given to complete the exam will be 3 hours.
GATE is one of the most difficult and important all India competitive examinations. It is carried out to test the proficiency of students in different undergraduate subjects of engineering and technology.
The importance of GATE Exam is that it opens a pathway to a successful career. It is conducted for admission in postgraduate courses in premier institutions. Ministry of Human Resource Development and other prominent government agencies provide financial help to conduct and administer GATE Examination.