Online vs Offline Exam Preparation - A Comparison
These are some of the questions that most of the aspirants of competitive exams face. Well, in this post, we are going to help you find answer to the last question - Shall I opt offline coaching, or do a course online?
A large number of online coaching portals, offering different kinds of coaching like gate online coaching, ies online coaching,
As well as exclusive test series like SSC-CGL OR SSC JE online test series have come up, and many students are preferring these options overtaking the regular coaching.
1. Lack of direct contact with the teachers and the peer group is a major drawback of the online coaching portals. Subconsciously, it degrades the learning experience for the students and they can do nothing about it.
2. Online Coaching offers a bottleneck situation when it comes to doubt clearing and personal guidance. Whenever a student is stuck in a concept or a question, the online portal offers very limited and inefficient options.
3. Further, online coaching lacks the pull of going to the coaching center daily and spending a fixed number of hours on a study. Online Coaching can be a terrible idea for you unless and until you are supremely motivated to sit and study on your own, without any pull or push.
Offline coaching through coaching centers has been the traditional mode of competitive exam preparation.
And needless to say, coaching institutes have been a boon for the aspirants.
Here are some of the benefits and drawbacks of the offline mode of coaching through coaching centers.
1. One of the greatest advantages of the traditional coaching centers is that they offer direct contact and communication with the teachers.
This way, the teacher can give individual attention to the students, and resolve their doubts and queries in the real time.
You can learn from your peers, get the motivation and discuss the common interests.
Moreover, you get to experience the real competition in the classroom at the coaching center, and not on your laptop, sitting at your home.
3. Very importantly, coaching classes are real-time, customizable classes, unlike the online courses which are pre-recorded and generic.
The pace and content of each class are decided to depend upon the capabilities of the batch, and the relevance of the subject.
While both online and offline coaching has their own set of benefits and drawbacks, what you opt for is totally dependent upon your own preferences.
If you are still confused, keep your calm and join a coaching center like Gate Gurus Chandigarh, which offers the best quality GATE coaching in Chandigarh, and has been ranked amongst the top GATE coaching institutes ranking.